Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Weight Watchers Guacamole


I admit it... I hate Guacamole I would much rather have salsa on my plate. The only reason that I make it is because my husband loves it and likes to have some whenever I make Mexican food.

So on my quest of getting both my Husband and myself back to your "ideal weight" I decided that I would trying making him some homemade Guacamole. I hate buying processed foods or anything that has additives. I really try to avoid buying anything that could be made at home. My husband told me that this is the best guacamole he has ever had, therefore anytime I made Mexican food, I will always use this recipe to go with it. I hope you all enjoy!

Recipe from the Weight Watchers Cookbook.

Makes 6 servings:

WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO NEED:

1 Large ripe avocado
2 Plum tomatoes chopped
2 Scallions (white and lite green part only) finely chopped
1 Small jalapeno pepper, minced (remove seeds if you would like it to be mild, if you are looking for it to be a little more spicy leave seeds in.)
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice (this will help aid the guacamole from turning brown)
A pinch of salt

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

Cut the avocado in half and discard the pit

Scrape the avocado pulp into a small bowl and mash with fork.

Add tomatoes, scallions, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt.

Mx just enough to combine everything together.

Serve at once.

Serving size is 1/4 cup...54 cal, 4g fat, 1g sat fat, 0mg of chol, 196mg sodium, 4g carbs, 3g fiber, WEIGHT WATCHER POINTS 1

No comments:

Post a Comment