Sunday, November 28, 2010

No Bake Ladyfingers Pineapple Cheesecake

If you ask my Husband he will tell you that this is by far the best ladyfingers cheesecake that he has ever had. This recipe is one that my mother would make all the time when I was growing up. When I asked my mother where she got the recipe all she could say is I got it from a family member years ago, and she didn't know where they got it. So unfortunately I can't site it back any further than my mother.

What I can tell you is I have made a few adjustments from how my mother makes it. I hope that you all enjoy this recipe as much as my husband and son do. The look on their faces when I put it on the table on Thanksgiving was priceless. It was the first time I made it and the first time they have had it since my parents moved away almost 23 years ago. I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as they did.

Happy baking...or in this case happing mixing! And like always if you do make this recipe, I would love to hear your feedback.






WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

3 8oz Packages cream cheese at room temp (I like to use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
2 6oz Cartons of heavy cream
1 1/2 Cups of sugar (my mother uses 1 3/4cups) I like to use less because you have the sweetness from the pineapple topping
1 teaspoon of vanilla (like always use the feel good stuff)
2 packages of soft ladyfingers (this could be found at your local store in the bakery section)
1 can of crushed pineapple

WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:

Line the bottom and sides of your spring from.

In your stand mixer add cream cheese, sugar, vanilla. Once combined add in heavy cream and mix for about another 2 minutes until well combined.

At this point you should have a fluffy yet dense mixture (it should not be watery or runny)

Take mixture and pour half into perpared spring form then take remaining ladyfingers and layer over cream cheese mixture.

Once you have layed your ladyfingers, take remaining cream cheese mixture and layer it over the ladyfingers.

Put into the frig for at least 3-4 hours if not over night.

Before serving open can of crushed pineapple and drine juices. Take the drained pineapple and top your cheesecake.

All that is left to do is enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment