Friday, November 12, 2010

Weight Watchers Grilled Red Snapper With Herb Pesto



Let me first start off with saying sorry for the bad picture. My husband wanted to help and he took a picture of the wrong dish and then on top of that he only took one picture. I was actually thinking about not posting this recipe until I made it again, since I wasn't happy with the plating, but then again It was so delicious I couldn't wait to share it with all of you.

Anyway I have to say that this was a really good recipe. I did make a few changed to it because I wasn't a fan of some of the ingredients that they added, and I also grilled it different than the way they recommend. I do have the stove top griddle but I have the smell that fish leaves in the house so I always grill outside.

For people who are not familiar with Red Snapper delicate in flavor, mild, not unlike flounder but not as strong as swordfish. Red Snapper gets it's name from it's skin color not it's meat color so it is nothing like salmon. If you like firm white fish that is flaky then this is the fish for you. I recommend trying it at least once in your life time you will not be disappointed.

Adapted from Weight Watchers

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

-1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
-1/4 cup dry white wine
-1 lb red snapper fish (if you do not feel comfortable cooking a whole fish then then you could use fillets)
-1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
-1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
-1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil
-2 garlic cloves
-1/4 tsp. salt
-Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
-Cooking spray


WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:

To prepare the marinade, in a gallon-size sealable plastic bag, combine the juice, wine and add the fish

Seal the bag, squeezing out air; turn to coat the fish

Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, turning the bag occasionally

Take a sheet of foil (big enough to wrap the fish) and spray foil with nonstick cooking spray

Take the fish and place on prepared foil.

In a food processor blend the basil, parsley, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; puree until smooth.

Preheat grill and then take the pesto paste and spread all over the fish.

Once the fish is coated wrap this dish tight in the foil and place on grill.

If you are doing a whole 1 lb fish on med heat let cook for 15 minutes and then flip and let cook for another 10 mins.

Once cooked Fish should flake nicely with a folk.

Serve along side with your favorite veggies and enjoy!

Nutrition Info: Calories 189, Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 284mg, Carbohydrate 7g, Fiber 1g, Protein 24g, Calcium 210mg

No comments:

Post a Comment