This summer, I took Jonathan blueberry picking, and of course we ended up with a lot more than a family of three could eat before they went bad. So while surfing pinterest, I came a across a recipe for a Greek yogurt and banana bread, and my first thought was I could do that! All I have to do is switch out the bananas (which I hate) for blueberries (which I love).
Hence the Blueberry Lemon Greek Yogurt bread was created. Did I mention that it's healthy? I have to say that having this loaf in the frig on a morning when I'm trying to get out the door, has been a lifesaver.
FYI, You're going to want to store this in the frig as it will go bad if left out too long.
This was inspired by the original recipe posted here, I hope you all enjoy this as much as we did.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla (please use the real stuff!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by combining flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, Add eggs, sugars, Lemon zest, and vanilla. Once combined add the Greek Yogurt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Your batter will be a little lumpy.
- Next fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and distribute evenly.
- Pop into the oven and bake for one hour, the top is golden brown and a toothpick should come out clean.