Sunday, August 11, 2013

Chimichurri Sauce

About a year ago while traveling for work I stopped one night at one of the local restaurant's and while looking over the menu I came across a steak that was covered in a Chimichurri Sauce.  I had no idea what that was and the waitress said I had to tried it.  It was one of the best items on the menu, she even went as far to say if I didn't like i, then dinner would be on her.  How could I turn that offer.
 
So the steak comes out, and the sauce was on the side and I dig in to one of the best steaks I ever had.  She was right.  That was one delicious sauce.  One night while watching the food network, someone was making this and my husband was like OMG!  "I want that steak right now!"  apparently she had, had this before and loved it as well.  So next time I grilled some steaks, what do you think I drizzled over it?  That's right this amazing sauce. 
 
This really is a great and easy sauce to make.  I suggest making it next time you grill some nice steaks. 
 
Recipe adapted from the food network
 
Like always, Happy Cooking, or in this case Happy Saucing!
 

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

  • 2 cups fresh parsley firmly packed
  • 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
  • 8-9 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tablespoons chopped onion finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 2tablespoon lime juice 
  • Kosher salt and red pepper flakes to taste

WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:

  • Pulse the garlic and onion in the food processor until finely chopped.
  • Add the parsley and oregano and pulse briefly, until finely chopped.
  • transfer mixture to a separate bowl.
  • Add the olive oil, lime juice, and vinegar, and stir. (Adding the liquids outside of the blender gives the chimichurri the correct texture. You don't want the herbs to be completely pureed).
  • Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
  • Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Do not heat up before serving. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment