As of late I have turned my focus to baby foods. Yes I'm still making my own baby food. Let me say this before I continue, I am not knocking any one's choice when it comes to what you give their baby. There are many jar foods that are good your babies. I just prefer to make my own because not only do I know what goes into the food, it's also cost affective.
Yams is one of the easiest things to make and so good for babies. This is one of Emilie's favorite meals. I tend to make a big batch every time I make this, it takes about 3 lbs of yams to make a weeks worth of food, if your little one is eating 4ounces daily.
Like always, Happy cooking!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Large stock pot
- Steamer basket
- Sweet potatoes
- Wash the yams and split them length wise.
- Place yams in steam basket and let steam until yams are squishy when lightly squeezed.
- Allow to cool, then scoop out yam meat into blender.
- Added any needed water to get desired thinness. (if this is a first food then I would add about half cup of water.)
- Once puree has cooled transfer to ice cube tray and freeze.
- Each cube equals one ounce of baby food.