Saturday, March 27, 2010

Weight Watchers Crock-pot Beef Stroganoff




I have to admit, I had fallen into the rut of making the same few dishes over and over again. Maybe it has to do this the fact that I just wanted to come home after work and make something for the family that didn't involve to much thinking, or maybe, I would rather stick with something I knew, apposed to making something that could be a complete failure and have nothing as a back-up. Whatever the reason was, I had to get out of the funk.

Long story short, I decided it was time to break out the crock-pot, and try a few recipes I had bookmarked. I must say that this was such an easy meal and was a great idea for today. We had so many things that we wanted/needed to do today that it was nice to be able to assemble this meal in the morning and when dinner time rolled around we had our meal made. I will surely keep this recipe and make it again on days that I have a lot going on. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did! Happy cooking!

Adapted from: The Weight Watchers Magazine
Serving Size : 6-9

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

1 1/2 lbs beef, (trimmed off fat)
1 cup chopped onion
1 medium red pepper chopped (can be omitted)
8oz of sliced mushrooms (I just chopped them into large chunks)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons dried parsley (I used fresh)
1/2 teaspoon salt
fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (can be omitted)
1/2 teaspoon dill dried (I used fresh)
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 can fat-free beef broth
3/4 c low-fat sour cream (I use fat-free)
6 cups of cooked egg noodles

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:

Trim fat from steak.

Wrap steak in heavy-duty plastic wrap; freeze 30 minutes.

Unwrap steak; cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/8-inch thick slices.

Place steak, onion, and next 7 ingredients in a 3-quart electric slow cooker.

Combine flour and broth in a bowl; stir with a whisk until blended.

Add broth mixture to cooker; stir well.

Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours or until tender.

Turn slow cooker off; remove lid. Let stand 10 minutes.

Stir in sour cream. Serve stroganoff over cooked noodles.

Per serving: 436 Calories; 8g Fat (17% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 53g Carbohydrate; 133mg Cholesterol; 409mg Sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment