Sunday, March 7, 2010

Barbeque Chicken Pizza


What's better than homemade pizza? Barbeque chicken pizza of course. This has to be the easiest recipe I have ever made. It takes little to no time to make and is by far much better for you than the one you can get from your local pizza place. I can honestly say that you will never go back to frozen pizzas ever again.

I found a recipe on allreipes.com and while I liked it for the most part, I still had to make a few adjustments to make it suitable to my family's needs, and wants. I hope you all enjoy and if you do try it. Please let me know how it turned out. Happy Cooking...or in this case happy baking!

Adapted from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Unbelievably-Awesome-Barbeque-Chicken-Pizza/Detail.aspx

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
1/2 cup barbeque sauce, divided
1 (16 ounce) package pre-baked pizza crust (I make my own Whole Wheat pizza dough, which I will be blogging about in the next few days.)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I use the fat-free cheese)
1 medium thinly sliced red onion
4-5 slices of cooked bacon diced

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:

Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.

Once oil is heated, place chicken breast in the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and top with 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce.

Cook 10 minutes, turn chicken over onto the other side.

Now top this side with 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce.

Cook about 10 minutes longer, or until juices run clear.

Cool slightly, and cut into chunks.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Spread barbeque sauce over the pizza crust.

Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Arrange cooked chicken chunks, red onion, and bacon over the top.

Bake 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Remove from heat, let sit 10 minutes before slicing.

ENJOY! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment