Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies



So as part baking GALS project, I decided I would bake some peanut butter cookies. The reason I decided to do this was because I wanted to bake something different, and try to stay away from the traditional chocolate chip cookie.

I must admit, this was a really easy recipe, and the final product was good. I hope everyone else enjoys them. Like always if you do try this recipe I would love to get your input. Happy baking!

Yields 4 DOZEN COOKIES

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

To start, cream together butter, peanut butter, and both sugars.

Next beat in eggs.

In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.

Once and hour has passed, roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets.

Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern.

Bake in a preheated at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.

Do not over-bake or you will end up having hard dry cookies.

Amount Per Serving (2 cookies) Calories 252, Total Fat 13.6g, Cholesterol,38mg

No comments:

Post a Comment