Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu


Being that I work late one night a week, (12 hour day) I needed to find some recipes that could just put in the crock-pot, so that my husband wouldn't have to go crazy making dinner for himself and Jonathan. This Chicken Cordon Bleu was one of the easiest recipes I have ever come upon. I love the fact that it assembles in a matter of minutes, and cooks while I'm out. I promise this recipe will leave them asking for more.

Recipe source: "Fit-it and forget-it" 5 ingredient favorites

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (seasoned with a little of salt and fresh ground pepper)
1/2 lb deli-sliced cooked ham
1/2 lb Swiss cheese sliced
10oz can cream of chicken soup (I prefer to use fat-free)
1 box dry stuffing mix, prepared according to the box.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:

Layer all ingredients in the order they are listed above into crock-pot.

Chicken on the bottom, a couple of slices of ham, cheese, cream of chicken soup on top of that, and then top it all off with prepared stuffing.

Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours on high for 3.5-4 hours until chicken is tender but not dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment