Sunday, February 6, 2011

Apple Banana Bread


As a mother, I am always trying to get Jonathan to eat more healthy foods. What sucks is my mother-in-law is always giving him crap that I do not approve of for breakfast and snacks. so lately he hasn't been eating his fruits and veggies.

And me being the type of person I am, I'm just not having it! I'll get him to eat his fruits, if it's the last thing I do! LOL! With all joking aside it's very important that Jonathan has a well balanced diet and as his mother, it's my responsibility to insure he gets all the nutrients that he needs.

I've been making banana bread for a while now, and decided that it was about time that I change this up a little, and hence the birth of the apple banana bread was created. I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as my husband and toddler do.

Happy baking.

Recipe inspired by one of my recent Emeril banana bread recipes.


WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

8 tablespoons of butter
3 medium sized ripe bananas mashed
1/2 cup sour cream (I use lite)
2 tablespoons of half and half (I use fat free)
1 cup of organic unsweetened apple sauce
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt



WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Lightly grease a 9 1/4 by 5 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan with 1 teaspoon of the butter.

Puree the bananas, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, apple sauce, half and half and cinnamon in a food processor.

Sift flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fixed with a whisk attachment.

Add the remaining butter and mix on medium-low speed until blended.

Add the banana mixture in 3 batches, scraping the sides of the bowl and mixing on medium speed between each addition.

Pour into the loaf pan and bake until lightly browned and bread bounces back to the touch. This will take about and 1hour to an 1 and 20 minutes.

Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool completely.

3 comments:

  1. 8 Tablespoons of what?? :oP
    The bread looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. butter...thanks for pointing that out J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I want to pass on a Stylish Blogger Award to you.
    Come over to my blog to pick it up. Don't feel obligated to accept it. I just want you to know how much I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete