Sunday, February 6, 2011

Carrot cake Muffins



Every Sunday I bake some kind of baked good for weekday mornings. I know I've said it in the passed weekdays are hard for my husband I to have a good breakfasts before going to work. Before we had Jonathan I would make myself a berry smoothie and my husband was known to skip breakfast all together...I know, I know...not the healthiest habit. Good news is that since we have had Jonathan he has become much better about this.The fact that I bake something every weekend helps a lot.

Each week, I make some type of breakfast bread, or a muffin which my husband is able to eat, or take with him, before he walks out the door. The passed few weeks I've made different breakfast breads, so this week the husband asked if I could make him some carrot cake muffins. The problem with that request was I lost the carrot cake recipe I use to have. Therefore I asked the wonderful ladies on WC if they had a recipe that they would be willing to share.

I was lucky that Cathy of mykitenjourey.blogspot.com was online and was able to share her carrot cake recipe with me. So thanks to Cathy for sharing your recipe. Please feel free to click on the link below to see her original post for carrot cake, I omitted the frosting because, this is a breakfast food. But I plan on trying making this into a cake, "cake" some day soon!

http://mykitchenjourney.blogspot.com/2008/11/carrot-cake.html

Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as my husband has. Happy baking!

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups grated carrots (About 6-7 carrots)


WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin tins.

Grate carrots and set aside.

In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugars, vanilla, and pineapple. Mix in dry ingredients.

Once mixture is well combined, stir in carrots.

Pour equal amounts into prepared muffin tins, abou 3/4 of the way.

Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-17 minutes (time will depend on muffin pan, I use a pampered chef stoneware so it tends to take a little longer)

After 15 minutes check with toothpick muffins will be done once the toothpick comes out clean.

Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then place on wire rack until completely cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment