Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weight Watchers Fettuccine with Chicken and Broccoli Rabe




I feel that I can not say this enough; healthy food does not have to taste like cardboard! There I said it =)I am feel that you can still have great meals without feeling guilty. It as long been said that you can eat just about anything, as long as you make the right choices when picking your ingredients.

This is another winner Weight Watchers recipe! My only regret is I just wished I hadn't waited as long as I did to try it. I foresee becoming one of my go to recipes for chicken for many years. I hope you all enjoy it as much and we have.

I did make a few minor modifications to the original recipe, therefore I am not listing the point value today. I don't think that the changes I made would change the points on this dishes, however I also want to make sure that I do not give the wrong information should anyone here be counting points.

Like always happy cooking!

WHAT YOU WILL:

1 Bunch of broccoli rabe (cleaned)
1 lb fettuccine (I usually use whole wheat)
4 Teaspoons of olive oil
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 Teaspoon salt
crushed red pepper flakes to liking
1 medium red onion thinly sliced
4 Garlic cloves minced
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
fresh ground pepper to taste
2 oz half and half (fat free works well)
4 oz chicken broth

WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:
In a large pot of boiling water cook broccoli rabe for 2 minutes

With slotted spoon transfer broccoli rabe into a bowl of cold water.

I the boiling water cook fettuccine according to directions on the box.

In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil.

Add chicken, salt, pepper flakes and saute until cooked through. about 4 minutes on each side.

Remove chicken and place on plate.

In the skillet heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil, saute onion and garlic until tender about 4 minutes.

Stir in broccoli rabe let cook until tender.

Add chicken, broccoli rabe to the fettuccine.

In hot skillet add chicken broth and half and half and just let it come to a boil.

Add liquid mixture to pasta mixture and add the cheese and black pepper.

Toss until everything is well combined and serve while hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment