Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak


I know, I have said it before...but this is one of the best recipes I have ever made. This is now my husband and my new favorite steak recipe. My husband isn't a picky eater, in fact he always tells me that dinner is good, but tonight he went beyond that and told me that my flank steak was the best he has ever had, and that includes the steaks from any steak house. He enjoyed it so much that he kept telling me to blog about it so I wouldn't forget the recipe, and he never nags me to go write a recipe down before I forget it. Needles to say, the way he reacted to the recipe totally made my night.

This recipe was inspired by the miscellaneous things I had on hand, and also me wanting to experiment with different things. Lucky for me, it turned out to be a huge success and this new marinade will surely be used over and over again in our home.

FYI... This marinade will be REALLY spicy if you try it...but once you cook the steak you wouldn't taste the heat, what you will taste is the sweetness from the honey with a very mild tang. I hope you all enjoy this recipe, and if you do try it please let me know how it turned out for you.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

1.25-1.5 lb Flank Steak
1 Lemon (juiced)
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
3 Cloves of garlic
1/2 Teaspoon of ground cumin
2 Tablespoons of honey
2 Dried whole Pasilla Chili with seeds (this is a mild pepper used in Latin cooking)
1 Tablespoon of soy sauce
1 Tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
1 Teaspoon of roasted red chili paste (any Asian brand)
1 few drops of green habanero chili sauce
Salt and pepper to taste


WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:

Add all the above ingredients (besides the steak, salt and pepper) into blender, and blend until you have created a nice smooth sauce.

Next take your flank steak and trim off excess fat.

Place in a sallow dish and season with salt and pepper.

Add the sauce that you prepared in the the blender and refrigerate over night.

Remove steak from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling, allow it to come to almost room temp.

Heat your grill on high for about 5 minutes.

Once hot place your flank steak on the grill and cook 3 minutes per side for medium.

Remove from heat and let sit for about 3-5 minutes before serving.

Next step...Enjoy your juicy steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment