Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sauteed Broccoli Rabe

This is by far the best way I to prepare broccoli rabe. Being that my family isn't the biggest group of corn lovers. I thought that this year for Thanksgiving I would make broccoli rabe. Almost everyone loves fresh in season broccoli rabe so why not pair it with my turkey dinner?

This was super easy and super yummy recipe. Everyone loved it and I had no leftovers which makes me happy. Try this recipe I grantee that you wouldn't be disappointed.



WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

4 bunches (about 1lb each) broccoli rabe with stems trimmed
1/4 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
Salt
Fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted

WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:

Working in batches, cook the broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp tender, about 1 minute per bunch.

Transfer the broccoli rabe to a large bowl of ice water to cool.

Reserve about 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.

Strain the cooled broccoli rabe and set aside.

Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.

Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and saute until the garlic is golden, about 1 minute.

Reduce heat to medium-low.

Add the broccoli rabe and toss to coat.

Add the reserved cooking water, and cook until the broccoli rabe is heated through and the stems are tender, about 4 minutes.

Season with salt, fresh pepper to taste.

Just before serving, toss the mixture with the pine nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment