Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Coconut Custard Pie


I know I said that I wasn't going to bake for a few months, but my husband was begging for a coconut pie. If you haven't already noticed I gave in. It worked out because I still had some leftover coconut that I wanted to use up, so everyone was happy in the end.

I will say that I'm not a fan of pie, but out of all the pies that I have tried this one I actually like. I hope you all try this recipe because not only is it good, but it is also really easy to make.

Yield: 8 servings


WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

3/4 cup sugar
2 Teaspoons self-rising flour (I have have used AP flour before and had same results)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 stick butter or margarine, melted
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Like always used real vanilla)
1 cup milk (To save on calories I use 2% milk)
1 cup sugar-free grated coconut
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (you can find this in the freezer section at the store)

WHAT YOU WILL HAVE TO DO:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl, blend together the sugar, flour and nutmeg.

Add the butter, eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix well.

Stir in the coconut.

Pour into the pie shell.

Bake for 30 minutes or until firm.

2 comments:

  1. how many teaspoons of flour are needed? the recipe is missing the number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that, It needs 2 teaspoons of flour. I will update the recipe right now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete