Monday, February 1, 2010

Weight Watchers Pesto sauce



When I was pregnant I just had to have Penne pasta in a creamy pesto sauce topped with grilled chicken. I will admit that there was a time when I had a hard time trying new recipes and pesto was one of them. I always wanted to try something new, however I was always fearful that it would be so awful that I would never want to eat it again.

Once a week (for lunch) I would always order penne pasta with grilled chicken and pesto sauce. I had it so much that the restaurant owner would just ask me if I would be having my usual. LOL! I no longer work at the same place so next time I become pregnant I will have no choice but to make it myself. It's so nice to know that I can still have pesto sauce and not feel bad about it later since I am using a weight watchers recipe.

Makes 6 servings:

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

2 Cups of fresh basil
3 Tablespoons pine nuts
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Garlic cloves crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons of water
1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

WHAT TO DO:

In a food processor combine the basil, pine nuts, oil, garlic, salt, and water.

Puree, and then add cheese and puree additional 30 seconds.

You have use this to make chicken pesto pannis, or my favorite use mix it in with some whole wheat pasta and grilled chicken.

Serving size 3 large tablespoons... 88 cal, 7g fat, 2g sat fat, 6mg chol, 253mg sodium, 2g carbs, 1g fiber WEIGHT WATCHER POINTS 2

No comments:

Post a Comment