Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Turkey Bacon and Egg White Wrap



The Most important meal of the day is Breakfast. I don't know about anyone else, but I hate eating the same thing day in and day out. I like to change things up a little. My goal is to try to eat healthier and try to drop a few much needed pounds.

I decided that skipping breakfast was out. On days I skipped breakfast I found myself an hour after I got into work,looking for the tray of cookies, or the box of doughnuts that the drug reps would bring. (Then I wonder why I'm unable to loss the extra pounds...) Anyway, I made a commitment to myself that I would try to make a healthier version of breakfast sandwiches. I still get the yummy goodness, but I save myself the extra fat and calories.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

Vegetable cooking spray
1 Tablespoon diced onion
1 Slice turkey bacon, chopped into small pieces
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/4 C of egg whites (allwhites)or 2 egg whites
Black pepper to taste
one 1/4 inch-think tomato slice chopped
A sprinkle of fat-free cheddar cheese
1 whole wheat 100 calorie wrap


WHAT YOU WILL HAVE TO DO:

Heat skillet over medium heat.

Coat the skillet with cooking spray, Add the onion and bacon and cook for 2 minutes.

Add red pepper, and cook another 2 minutes.

Add the egg whites and cook for 2 more minutes. Season with pepper.

Place the egg mixture and tomato on the wrap, sprinkle with cheese then roll.

Serving information... Calories 159, Protein 12g, Carbs 27g, Fiber 4g, Fat 3g, Sat Fat 1g Cholesterol 8mg

No comments:

Post a Comment