Saturday, February 6, 2010

Weight Watchers Sour Cream Coffee Cake



Yum coffee cake...whats yummier than having coffee cake brimming with blueberries and topped with an orange-flavored crumble? I honestly don't think it gets much better than that!

This recipe is really good, however I did need to make some adjustments due to the fact that the batter was too thick when I combined everything. Once I made the adjustments this coffee cake was amazing. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I have.



WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO NEED:

1 Large egg + 1 extra egg white
2 Tablespoons canola oil
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
1/2 Cup reduced-fat sour cream (I use fat free)
1/2 Cup low-fat buttermilk (I use fat free)
2 1/3 Cups of all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon five-spice powder or cinnamon (I use cinnamon)
1 1/2 Cup fresh blueberries (frozen blueberries are OK.)
1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
1 Teaspoon grated orange zest
2 Tablespoon butter

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 7x11 inch baking dish with non stick spray

In a bowl combine the egg, egg white, oil, and sugar. Whisk until pale yellow.

Then whisk in sour cream and buttermilk.

In another bowl mix 2 cups flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.

Mix in egg mixture with the dry ingredients until well combined.

Pour batter into the baking dish, then scatter blueberries on top.

In a Small bowl combine brown sugar orange zest, butter and remaining 1/3 cup flour.

Mix with back of fork until crumbly then sprinkle over batter.

Bake until tester inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.

Baking time will take about 45 minutes.

Serving 1/12 of cake 225 cal, 6g fat, 2g sat fat, 27mg chol, 145mg sodium, 40g carb, 1g fiber, WEIGHT WATCHER POINTS 5 PER SERVING

No comments:

Post a Comment