Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Toddler Pasta

So my son loves his pasta and he loves his Veggies. I found myself always making the same thing so when I found this recipe on parents.com I just had to make it. Long story short my son really liked this pasta and I will continue making this for him. I hope your little one enjoys this as much and my little guy.

Ingredients

* 1 cup pastina
* 1/3 cup finely diced carrots (I used 1/2 cup son loves carrots)
* 1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
* 1/3 cup frozen baby peas
* 1/3 cup finely chopped broccoli
* 1/3 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
* 1/3 cup finely diced celery (I used 1/2 cup again son loves celery)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper (I skip this, but i do add 1/2 a chicken bouillon)

Directions

Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water for 7 minutes. Stir in veggies and cook 5 minutes; drain. Mix in oil and pepper.
Nutrition Facts

* Servings Per Recipe 6 toddler-size servings
* Calories 180,
* Total Fat (g) 3,
* Saturated Fat (g) 0,
* Sodium (mg) 18,
* Carbohydrate (g) 32,
* Fiber (g) 2,
* Protein (g) 6,

No comments:

Post a Comment