Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Lighter Version of Crock-Pot Potato Soup


So I have been craving some potato soup and while looking for a recipe I was shocked at some of the ingredients that went into this soup so I decided that I would try to makeup my own recipe. The final outcome was that I was able to produce a great potato soup without using heavy cream and a brick of cream cheese. It isn't as creamy due to the substitutions but aside from that, it tastes just as good as the not so healthy version.

8 potatoes chopped into bite size chunks
1 large Onion chopped
2 can of fat free and low sodium chicken broth
1 cup of water
1 can fat free cream of chicken soup
1 large carrot diced
1 cup of lite cream
1/2 tsp of black pepper
about 3-4 slices of bacon crispy and chopped into small pieces.
cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
1 Tsp. of corn starch (to help thicken up soup)

Take all ingredients listed above put into crock pot and let cook on low for 8 hours. When done pour yourself a big bowl of soup top with some cheese and chopped up bacon. Serve with some crunchy bread. Great for those cold winter nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment