Saturday, November 14, 2009

Basic Blueberry Muffins


Before Jonathan was born I use to buy muffin mix and bake them just so I had something to eat on my drive into work. Once Jonathan arrived and began to eat regular foods I began reading labels. I was amazed by the things that go into boxed meals. I'm on a mission to make sure that I try to limit my son's intake on certain food items and if it's something that I can bake or cook then I going to try to make it.

So one day my mother gave me this recipe, I don't know where she got it from and after reading what went into it I didn't think they would be that good, but I tried it anyway. The end result was that they were lite, moist and fluffy and my son really likes them.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2 cup of flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup of milk
1/3 cup oil
1 egg
3 tsp. baking powder
2 Tsp. cinnamon
1 cup frozen blueberries

In a mixing bowl combine all the above ingredients EXPECT blueberries. Mix all ingredients until blended together well. Once mixture is blended together well add in frozen blueberries with a wooden spoon.

Line muffin tin with liners pour muffin batter into each liner until 3/4 full. Bake in oven at 400 for 20-25 minutes. Remove from muffin pan let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment