2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds ground turkey (made white meat)
1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons ground Chile Molido or ground red pepper
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (16-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 package chili seasoning
4 cups chicken broth (I make my own)
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the ground turkey, turkey sausage, smoked paprika, and Chile Molido. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the meat is done.
3. Add the onion, celery, bell peppers, and garlic and cook until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add the stewed tomatoes, chili mix, and chicken broth, stirring well.
5. Allow the chili to simmer, stirring occasionally.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Delicious served with grated cheese, chopped tomatoes, and corn chips or in a bread bowl.