Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sweet Cider Donuts


This has become on of my all time favorite treats I could eat them all in one sitting, that's how good they are. The best thing is I doesn't take that long to make. If you try this recipe you will have to let me know how it comes out.

Thanks to the JIFFY mixes recipes book =)

2 cups Jiffy baking mix
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar
1tsp. cinnamon (I like to add more)
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup apple cider (I use lite apple cider works just as well in this recipe)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup flour

Preheat oil in deep fryer to 375

Beat egg, sugar,cinnamon, nutmeg, cider and vanilla together. Add flour and baking mix. On floured surface, knead dough several times and roll into 1/2 thick. cut with donut cutter. (You could also do what i do and make them donut wholes if you do not have a donut cutter. Drop into hot oil. Cook until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. If you want to make them more evil roll in a cinnamon and sugar mixture. They are really good if eaten warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment