Sunday, May 30, 2010

Spicy Asian Style Marinated Chicken Breast


Since the warm weather is finally here it's time to fire up the grill. We do grill in the winter, however once it gets warm out, I will say that 80% of our meals are prepared outside. We enjoy eating great foods, but seem to enjoy our meals better when they are less fating. This is one recipe that we can eat and not feel guilty about. I have used this marinade on flank steaks and both my husband and I thought it was amazing, but once I tried this marinade on chicken breast I thought it was out of this world. I think I'm going to have to try in on chicken wings next time, I just love this marinade! LOL!

I have to admit that we have this once a week just because it's so tasty, and the chicken is so moist. It goes well with just about any side. On really hot days we slice it into thin strips and and use it to top a nice green salad. Other times I make a nice caramelized red onion risotto with steamed broccoli. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Happy cooking!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

2-3 lb Chicken breast thinly sliced
1 Lemon (juiced)
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
3 Cloves of garlic
1/2 Teaspoon of ground cumin
2 Tablespoons of honey
2 Dried whole Pasilla Chili with seeds (this is a mild pepper used in Latin cooking)
1 Tablespoon of soy sauce
1 Tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
1 Teaspoon of roasted red chili paste (any Asian brand)
1 few drops of green habanero chili sauce
Salt and pepper to taste


WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:

Add all the above ingredients (besides the chicken, salt and pepper) into blender, and blend until you have created a nice smooth sauce.

Next take your chicken breast and trim off excess fat.

Place in a sallow dish and season with salt and pepper.

Add the sauce that you prepared in the the blender and refrigerate over night.

Remove chicken from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling, allow it to come to almost room temp.

Heat your grill on high for about 5 minutes.

Once hot place your chicken on the grill and cook 4-5 minutes per side (this might take longer, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.

Remove from heat and let sit for about 3-5 minutes before serving.

Next step...Enjoy your juicy marinated chicken breast!

2 comments:

  1. This looks great, and I'm always looking for chicken marinades. Where can I purchase the whole dried pasilla chiles? Or, do you recommend a good substitute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara,

    I buy my pasilla chiles in the international section at the grocery store. If your unable to find that, I have also used ancho chili pods, if you can't find that I would suggest trying any mild dried chile pepper.

    ReplyDelete