Sunday, May 2, 2010

Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars



I'll admit it...I love baked goods...and what can make a baked good even better? I baked good that involves Raspberry jam! This recipe is so easy and tastes so good, that I don't know know what more I can say but you have to try it at least once. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Happy baking!

Recipe source...Allrecipe.com link to recipe below
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Delicious-Raspberry-Oatmeal-Cookie-Bars/Detail.aspx

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup butter, softened (I use unsalted)
3/4 cup raspberry jam (I use sugar free)

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease one 8 inch square pan, and line with greased foil.

Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats.

Rub in the butter using your hands or a pastry blender to form a crumbly mixture.

Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.

Spread the jam to within 1/4 inch of the edge.

Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top, and lightly press it into the jam.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned.

Allow to cool before cutting into bars.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information per serving...Calories: 219 Total Fat: 8.2g Cholesterol: 20mg

1 comment:

  1. These look and sound delicious. Thanks for sharing! We will definitely make these soon. :)

    ReplyDelete