Saturday, May 22, 2010

Whole Wheat Stuffed Sausage and Broccoli Bread




So today is my bake stuffed bread day... not exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday but at least I'm making tons of great breads for a friend. Who am I so keep a pregnant women from having the things she craves. LOL!

So while Jonathan was napping I spent my time in the kitchen baking some yummy breads for us to bring over later this afternoon. And I have to confess that I also made an extra one for the house. Jonathan and I have already cut into one and have both and a nice warm piece.

Happy baking everyone!

Recipe for whole wheat dough.... http://sandrafoodblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/whole-wheat-pizza-dough.html


WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO NEED:

1 Homemade whole wheat pizza dough (store bought is fine, but make my own link to the dough recipe above)
3 sausage spicy Italian links
1 medium red onion chopped
1 medium broccoli crown cut into bite size pieces
Olive oil
Garlic salt
Dry basil

WHAT YOU WILL DO:

Preheat oven to 350

Open sausage links and crumble the meat.

In a hot medium saute pan, add crumbled sausage and allow it to brown and cook.

Once sausage it cooked, remove from heat place on paper towel to drain excess fat. Return pan to heat and saute onion.

Once onion is cooked place onions in a small bowl.

Steam broccoli until slightly tender.

While everything cools, take your dough and roll it out into a square.

Once you have rolled out your dough, take the sausage and sprinkle it over the dough, top with onions, and broccoli.

Starting at one end, take the dough and start rolling it onto itself, to create a log.

Place on cookie sheet and let stand for 15 minutes, once 15 minutes have passed brush the top of the bread with olive oil, sprinkle garlic salt and basil.

Place in oven and let bake for about 30 minutes until it becomes golden brown.

Serve with a side of your favorite sauce. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment