Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Whole Wheat Pizza Dough


Store bought pizza dough is always great for last minute, but I think that if you're taking the time to make homemade pizza, then you should also try to make the dough. It's really not hard and it doesn't take much time.

Not only is this recipe healthier because it's make with whole wheat, but I actually think that this dough is a million time better than the store bought one. Truthfully I think that you should try to make your own pizza dough at least once.

Happy Baking!

Recipe yields one pizza crust. I wish I could site the source of this recipe, but to be honest I've been using it for years now, and for the life of me I can't remember where I got it from. So sorry I can't link it to the cite for you today.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon honey

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

In a large bowl combine flour, wheat germ and salt. Make a well in the middle and add honey and yeast mixture.

Stir well to combine. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for a few minutes.

Roll dough on a floured pizza pan (I like to use a pampered chef pizza stone.)

Poke a few holes in dough using a fork.

Top with your favorite toppings and then bake in preheated oven for about 20-25 depending on how crispy you want your crust .

Nutritional Information per serving (just for pizza dough) Calories: 83, Total Fat: 0.6g, Cholesterol 0mg

No comments:

Post a Comment