Friday, April 9, 2010

Roasted Vegetables


I have to say that when I was younger I never eat enough vegetables. In fact, I think that the only veggie that I did eat was carrots and cabbage. I kinda blame my parents for that, had they "made" me eat my veggies when I was younger, I don't be trying to "learn" to eat them now.

Long story short, this recipe and method of making veggies has made getting my daily intake of veggies much easier. I don't think I'll ever go back to just steaming veggies, even more so, seeing how easy it is to make, and how it pairs up well with any main dish.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
5 carrots, peeled, cut into thirds
3 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
2 medium red onions, peeled, cut into 6 wedges
1 small head of cauliflower
1.5 lbs of broccoli
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 teaspoons kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Put the carrots, turnips, onions, red peppers, cauliflower, and broccoli, on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper.

Roast for the last hour, stirring occasionally, until tender throughout.

1 comment:

  1. roasted veggies changed my life! lol. but seriously, they are so amazing! perfect for just about any meal! looks good!

    ReplyDelete