Friday, April 9, 2010

Roasted Vegetables

I have to say that when I was younger I never eat enough vegetables. In fact, I think that the only veggie that I did eat was carrots and cabbage. I kinda blame my parents for that, had they "made" me eat my veggies when I was younger, I don't be trying to "learn" to eat them now.

Long story short, this recipe and method of making veggies has made getting my daily intake of veggies much easier. I don't think I'll ever go back to just steaming veggies, even more so, seeing how easy it is to make, and how it pairs up well with any main dish.

5 carrots, peeled, cut into thirds
3 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
2 medium red onions, peeled, cut into 6 wedges
1 small head of cauliflower
1.5 lbs of broccoli
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 teaspoons kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Put the carrots, turnips, onions, red peppers, cauliflower, and broccoli, on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper.

Roast for the last hour, stirring occasionally, until tender throughout.

1 comment:

  1. roasted veggies changed my life! lol. but seriously, they are so amazing! perfect for just about any meal! looks good!