Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spicy Teriyaki Steak with Veggies over White Rice




After making Mongolian Beef 2 weeks ago(which was amazing!) I deiced that I would try making some more food that was Asian inspired. So being that I had a London broil steak in the freezer (which I usually is used to make jerky for my husband) I thought it might work well if I sliced it thin to make teriyaki steak with veggies. While it did come out good, It wasn't amazing and I blame that on the cut of meat that I used last night. The veggies and marinade were packed with flavor so I really think that next time I will use sliced New York Strip and not London broil.


The Teriyaki marinade is Tyler Florence the rest of the recipe is my own.

Tyler's recipe yields about 1 cup of marinade.


INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR MARINADE:
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
2 oranges, juiced
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and minced
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes

WHAT TO DO:

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

At this time take your NEW YOUR STRIP and slice into thin strips (I used a London broil and wish I had used a new york strip, because they are a lot more tender and flavorful)

Take you sliced steak and place in a single layer season with salt and black pepper pour marinade over meat and place in refrigerator for a few hours. (The longer you let marinade the more flavor your meat will have.)

Remove meat from refrigerator and shake meat around. Let meat sit on counter for 30 minutes before cooking.

In stock pot put water to cook your rice. While the water begins to come to a boil, take all your veggies that you plan on using and chopping them up.

I like to use 1 medium Onion, 1 red bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper and about 1.5 cups of broccoli.

Heat up wok with a little of olive oil and drop in onions and all your peppers. Let veggies cook about 4 minutes. Take you steak and add to wok ago with the marinade. let cook and turn slices of steak. Add in broccoli when steak is half way done.

Plate white rice and top with beef and veggies. Don't forget to pour some sauce over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment