Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mashed Red Potatoes


So last night I made a turkey breast for dinner and you can't have turkey without having mashed potatoes to go with it. What I love about this side is that it is easy and everyone in my home loves it. I wish that everything that I made was this simple and this easy to put together. Take my word for it, this recipe is sure to please anyone.

I hope that if you do try this recipe that you come back and let me know how it came out good or bad I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1-1 1/2lb of red potatoes cut into quarters (leave the skin on for extra fiber)
stockpot with water
salt to season the water
1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/4 cup milk (I use 2%)(You might need to add extra milk.)

Put potatoes into water with salt and let cook until they are fork tender. Once the potatoes are fully cooked strain water from pot. Transfer potatoes back into the pot add, ground pepper, garlic powder, butter, and milk.

Using a potato masher, and mash everything together until everything is combined together. Taste and add any additional seasonings to your own liking.

1 comment: