Sunday, January 24, 2010

Galric Salt Pita chips!


I never thought about making pita chips until I had some at a friends house. They were so good and from what she said was so easy to make. She gave me her recipe and I looked at it and said "That's it?"

Needless to say I have been wanting to make this for awhile but I just haven't had a chance until today. And they are just as good as I remembered them.

Adapted from my friend Joanna and seasoning suggestions from Joelen. Thanks ladies!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

8 Pita bread rounds (I like to use whole wheat)
Cooking spray
4 teaspoons of garlic salt (or any combination of spices you might want)

WHAT TO DO:

Preheat oven to 400

Cut pitas into 8 wedges. What I did was cut down the center, then cut each half in half again and then once more down the center. You will get 8 pieces out of each pita.

Place pitas on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray (The recipe actually says to brush wedges with Olive oil,but is easier and less calories and come out just as good.)

Sprinkle each wedge with garlic salt. Bake for 10 minutes, or until wedges are light golden brown and crispy.

Let cool completely on cooling rack and then store in airtight container.

You may ago tried different flavors such as chili powder, cumin, lemon pepper, cayenne pepper, and so on.

1 comment:

  1. Those sound WONDERFUL. I have never had pita chips but I think it's time to change that.

    ReplyDelete