Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tyler Florence's "My Big, Fat Chocolate Chunk Cookies"



OMG! Not only do I love Tyler Florence, but I also love his recipes! Everything that I have ever tried has come out wonderful. The recipe name "MY BIG, FAT CHOCOLATE COOKIES" is an under statement! They are huge! I'm actually thinking that I will use this recipe for Operation Baking Gals next time!

I feel that one of the best things about this recipe is that it's such an easy recipe and the end result it outstanding! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I have. Happy baking!


WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (8-ounce) block dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup of chocolate chips

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.

Place the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer; cream together on medium speed until light and fluffy.

Beat in the vanilla and eggs.

Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and continue to mix until a smooth batter forms.

Fold in the chocolate chunks and chocolate chips using a spatula.

Scoop about 1/4 cup of cookie dough into your hands and roll it around into a ball

Place cookies about 3-inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets

***You will get about 4 cookies on each pan***

Press down the tops of the dough slightly and bake until the cookies are light brown.

Bake for 12 minutes for chewy cookies.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough/cookie sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment