Saturday, July 13, 2019

Keto Chocolate Frosty


Wow, its a blast from the past, it's been a while and I keep telling myself I need to get back into blogging but of course working full time, having three kids, and all their activities I feel like there is never enough time.  But I need to get better about that. 


So let's talk Keto and I will do my PSA while I'm at it.   I am not on the keto diet, but I do at times make some keto recipes because it's basically about cutting carbohydrates which is something that I needed less in my life.  With that being said, I've changed the way my family and I eat.  We increased our veggie and protein intake and decreased our processed foods and carb intake.  While I do feel that Keto does have some advantages, it is not for everyone and before going on it, please consult with your physician and have a complete bloodwork done.  Also Keto is not for long term weight loss and you have to increase your water intake a lot to protect your kidneys.  End of rant/ PSA.  =)


For the people that know me, they know I have a major sweet tooth.  I love everything chocolate and carbs were my best friend.   I came to realize that I was very dependent and on sugar, I dank it, I put it in my coffee, I eat it.  So to ensure that I don't go on a sugar binged I found this recipe on Pinterest and I had to try it.  Glad I did since the net carbs in this whole recipe is only 4 total and the net carbs in a small Wendy's frosty is 56gm.... THAT'S RIGHT 56GM in 1 SMALL FROSTY!   you would have to make this recipe 10 times to get the same amount of carbs.  Think about that while you enjoy this recipe. 


TIP- This doesn't need to be made into a frosty (put in the freezer), you can actually also just eat it as and a chocolate mousse.  I've had it both ways and they are both great. 


Recipe source; https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a22603823/keto-frosty-recipe/





WHAT YOU'LL NEED
  • 2 Cups Heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder      
  • 3 tbsp. Keto-friendly powdered sugar sweetener, I use Anthony's Natural Erythritol Sweeter      
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla extract      
  • 1 Pinch kosher salt



WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:
  • In your stand mixer combine all ingredients cream, cocoa, sweetener, vanilla, and salt.
  • Using the whisk attachment mix on med speed until stiff peaks form.
  • Scoop mixture into a Ziploc bag and freeze 30 to 35 minutes, until just frozen.
  • Cut tip off a corner of the Ziploc bag and pipe into serving dish.
  • serve chilled      





No comments:

Post a Comment