Friday, July 8, 2011

Hubby's Cole Slaw



About 2 weeks ago, a friend emailed me requesting that I bring Cole Slaw to her daughter's Birthday party. My 1st thought was, how are you going to email me and tell me what to bring. Then my next thought was I never make slaw, because I don't like it; how was something to bring it to a party?

After telling my husband about my dilemma,my husband (who will eat just about anything) said that we would have care of this. I was doubtful about this, but I agreed to allow him to make it, if it came out awful, I could always blame him. LOL!

I was going to skip posting this recipe, but the fact that it was so easy to make and the fact that everyone loved it really change my mind. I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much and everyone at the party did.

Like always happy cooking!


WHAT YOU'LL NEED
6 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded carrot (about 3 medium carrots)
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 cup sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:

After shredding the cabbage in your food processor, combine cabbage and carrots in large bowl.

In a smaller bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, celery seed, sugar, salt and pepper.

Add mixture to cabbage and let chill for a couple of hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment