Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving stuffing 2010


I am always surprised to see how many Foodies are out there. More surprisingly is how many men are foodie as well. As some of you know, I recently changed jobs. I have to admit that the patients I have are too funny and while they are being treated we start talking about currents events. Since Thanksgiving was just a week ago the current event topic of conversations was based on the holidays and where we were going to spend it.

One on my patents is a boy scoots leader (who is actually in the processing of finishing his first cookbook). Every year he does this amazing Thanksgiving fest with his troops for the parents in the middle of the woods. While talking to him, I ended up telling him that I didn't have a good recipe for was stuffing. His response was "I have the most amazing stuffing recipe that I made up, next time I come in I'll bring you the recipe". I not going to lie I was excited to get a new recipe for a side that I haven't had much success with, and from someone who is having his cookbook published was a big deal for me.

The next day when I got to work I started checking my work email, and what's in my inbox but...a new recipe for stuffing. For a minute I wondered how he got my email, then I realized that my work email was on my business cards. Thanksgiving came and I decided that I would give this recipe a try, and I am so happy I did. It came out so good, and even my picky eater mother-in-law liked it.

Thanks Joe for making my Thanksgiving sides a success! FYI this recipe is tailored for a 20 to 25 pound turkey

Recipe source Joe X (sorry no last names due to hippa regulations)

Happy Cooking!


WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

2 lbs. Plain pork sausage browned in olive oil
4 or 5 onions chopped and sautéed
5 celery stalks chopped and sautéed
½ of a fennel bulb chopped and sautéed
½ of a bunch of flat Italian parsley chopped
1 large or 2 small cans of pears in heavy syrup, strained and chopped, discard syrup
2 or 3 fresh apples peeled, cored and chopped
12 ounces of cornbread stuffing
1-14 ounce box of raisins
1-6 ounce package of craisens (dried cranberries)
4 or 6 eggs


WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:

Prepare each of the items as listed.

When everything is done carefully blend all except the eggs in a large bowl and let stand for a couple of hours.

This allows all of the flavors to meld.

Prior baking beat the eggs and carefully blend into the mix.

Put mixture into prepared casserole dish and bake for 30-45 mins until hot.

All that is left to do is enjoy your dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment