Monday, February 13, 2012

Skillet Rosemary Chicken


Have I told you all how much I love Pinterest? Well if I haven't let it be known that It's my new love. I love that fact that I'm able to "pin" (book mark) just about anything and I can come back to it at a later date.

I think that over the past 3-4 months most of my pins have been either decor or food related. Which for me is great because I love the fact that I could get meal ideas from other people. I think that it's so great that I could look at someone's else recipe and it can inspire me to make something new when I find myself in a food funk!

This such a great dish and has made it's way into our meal rotation. If you're looking for sides to go with this, it pairs well with roasted potatoes and a side of veggie such as mushrooms, or green beans. I hope you all enjoy this as much we did.


Like always happy cooking!

Adapted from chimeraobscura.com

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

2-3 Sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons leaves
2 Cloves garlic, minced
Red pepper flakes to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Juice of 2 lemons (squeezed halves reserved)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
6 skin-on, chicken thighs
1/8 Cup of chicken stock
1 Cup of plum tomatoes

WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO

Preheat the oven to 450.

Using rosemary leaves, garlic, salt and the red pepper flakes and mash ingredients together to make a paste.

Transfer the paste to a bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat, and let chicken marinate over night.

30 minutes before starting your meal, take chicken out of frig and set aside.

Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.

Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until the skin browns.

Once chicken has browned, drizzle chicken with any marinade remaining in the bowl and the juice of the remaining lemon.

Add the rosemary sprigs, chicken stock, tomatoes, and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet.

Transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard about this recipe before! It looks delicious and simple and I'm all about that after a long day.

    ReplyDelete