Sunday, April 12, 2020

Shrimp Fritters


CAN YOU SAY SHRIMP FRITTERS?!?!? OH YES YOU CAN!!!!!!


                                                       While cooking....

                                                     After cooked...🥰

Several months ago I came across this recipe and I am so happy that I found it. This has been one of my go to recipes as of late. It’s easy and is a quick meal. Every time Jonathan asks what for dinner and I  tell him its shrimp fritters I get a “YES!” While this recipe suggests a Lemon Aioli, I like to put it up with a spicy mayo dressing. What can I say besides, my family likes a kick of heat. But if you’re looking for somethings little lighter check out Natasha’s Kitchen for this recipe and also the her Aioli recipe.

Recipe source https://natashaskitchen.com/shrimp-cakes-recipe-video/

WHAT YOU’LL NEED;


  • 1 lb Shrimp peeled and deveined ***note size of shrimp does not matter as it will be chopped up small. 
  • 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese 
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 4 Tbsp parsley finely chopped, plus more to garnish
  • 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper 
  • 1/4 cup AP flour
  • 2 Tbsp light olive oil or high heat cooking oil of choice 
  • *I cook my fritters on a flattop griddle, so I spray the surface with PAM

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO;

Pat dry shrimp with paper towels then dice into small pieces.

Transfer chopped shrimp to a large mixing bowl. 

Add 4 oz shredded mozzarella, 1 egg, 1/4 cup mayo, parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. 

Stir together then add 1/4 cup flour and mix until batter is creamy and well combined. 

Heat a large non-stick pan (Or electric griddle) to  medium heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. 

Add 1 Large heaping Tablespoon of shrimp mixture at a time and flatten out the tops. Fritters so be about 1/2" thick patties. 

Cook for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown on the edges and cooked through.

Transfer to a plate and serve hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment